A cleaner or cleaning service is a type of a domestic worker who cleans homes or commercial premises. Housekeeping refers to the management of duties and chores involved in the running of a household, such as cleaning, cooking, home maintenance, shopping, laundry and bill payment.
Housekeeping is a physically demanding job that accounts for the maintenance and cleanliness of the assigned areas in hotels, hospitals, corporate firms, and even residential homes. Excellent presentation and orderliness being the elements of judging the quality of any business, the housekeeping agencies ensure that they demonstrate efficient and industrious service to their clients.
The housekeepers are required to maintain good health as most of the tasks involve physical work where they are needed to stand, walk, lift, and bend throughout their shifts. Besides, they are expected to maintain high standards of personal hygiene and grooming while adhering to the working principles and policies set up by the organization.
- Clean, stock and supply designated facility areas (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning ceiling vents, restroom cleaning etc)
- Perform and document routine inspection and maintenance activities
- Carry out heavy cleansing tasks and special projects
- Notify management of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs
- Make adjustments and minor repairs
- Stock and maintain supply rooms
- Cooperate with the rest of the staff
- Follow all health and safety regulations